Thursday, March 25, 2010

"Jesus Bring the Rain"

One of the most often asked questions that I get asked as a Christian is 'how do you know when the Lord is speaking to you?' and it is one that I have even asked myself.  Sometimes, it's a book that someone has loaned me that speaks directly to my soul, other times it's when I'm having a  conversation with someone else that I hear his voice, and sometimes it's just the feeling of peace that passes all understanding in the bottom of my soul that I know can only come from Him.  Once about 10 years ago, a dear friend of mine told me that God speaks directly to her by giving her rainbows.  Every time she is struggling with something, God will show her a rainbow to let her know that He is still with her.  I thought that was cool and begin to wonder how exactly God showed himself to me in a direct and consistent way.  What I discovered was that He always gives me one song that ministers directly to my heart. 

That one song becomes an anthem of sorts, that I can listen to over and over again, bringing comfort and peace to know God is in control.  When I was going through a bad breakup, it was 'Landslide,' by Stevie Nicks (I didn't say it was always a 'Christian' song!).  When my dad as in the hospital five years ago, it was 'Voice of Truth,' by Mercy Me.  And when my parents were in Texas, it was 'Peace' by Jennifer Knapp.  After I had Rhett, I would sing the old hymns to him at bedtime, lulling him to sleep and bringing peace to my tired body and mind with 'Glory, Glory Hallelujah," "Amazing Grace," and "At The Cross."

I can't explain how I know one song is given to me from the Lord for a time such as this, but I just know.  Since my daddy passed away, I have heard many, many songs on the radio from christian and secular stations, but most cause me to turn the station, bringing tears of sorrow from the grief and mourning in my heart.  This morning, though...this morning...I received it.  My song from the Lord.  The one that speaks peace deep into my heart.  The one that strengthens my faith.  The one that I can stand on as a voice of truth amid a sea of emotions that come from the grief of losing my daddy.  It's not a new song...but it's new to me. 

So, without further adeu, I give you "Jesus, Bring the Rain," from Mercy Me as a testament that God still speaks to His children and that He provides for our every need:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m17af0XmPFo&feature=related.

I hope it speaks to you as it has to me.  If not though, don't worry.  God probably has a different way for you.  Keep your eyes open ~ you don't want to miss the blessing He has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background