Sunday, September 19, 2010

Before and After

I had pretty much given up on blogging until now.  There was just too much to say and not the words to say it as we continue to learn how to live without the anchor of our family.  We are doing well and working things out.  We have good days and bad days, but continue to improve each day.  But, that's not what we're here to talk about.  That is not the reason I decided to come back to the blogging world. 

The reason I came back here was blatent, all-out, bragging.  I needed an outlet to brag on myself a little, so I chose the most obvious one, the blog world.  So, thanks in advance for allowing me some self-indulgence. 

This year, we returned to Athens for football season and have so far, had a great time.  As I was posting pictures from yesterday, I was looking through pictures from last year and was shocked to actually see the difference in myself in just a year.  I know I have worked very hard to get back in shape over the past year, but to see the results is amazing, if I do say so myself.  The difference is 40 lbs.  See for yourself:



2009

2010




People ask me all the time what I've done to get these results.  I have done the elliptical, pilates, and revamped my eating habits, but not too consistently over the past two years.  This fall, I'm incorporating interval training in order to hopefully run a 5K in December before our family goes on a cruise for Christmas.  If it's something I can do, it'll be one of my most proud accomplishments.  These results give me the motivation to keep going.  Who knows what next year might bring.  If it's another 20 lbs. lost, then bring it on!




2 comments:

  1. That is so great Emilee! Congrats!
    Esther B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congradulations! This is a HUGE accomplishment and I know how difficult it is to do (since I did it myself a few years ago and will prob have to do it again after the baby!) I'm proud of you for sticking with it and pushing yourself. It's all about self-control and looking to God for that help to get through it. I used to tell myself (Just-do-it).. I know it's the Nike slogan but really if I would just do it (exercise and eat right) the weight would melt off.

    Also with running! That's wonderful! I'm positive you can do that as well! It's such a great way to exercise because you can do it anywhere! I would encourage you to keep running even after your Dec race.. even on the cruise, just take 30 minutes and run around that top deck! It will not only help you keep off the additional crusie weight we all gain from the unlimited buffets and fun fruity alcoholic drinks, but it will help you maintain your excitment in running! Let us know how the training and running goes! I ran my first half marathon earlier this year and I never thought I could, but I did it.. and you can too!

    ReplyDelete

background